We’re looking for an exceptional product / brand manager to join our team and look after the ongoing growth of our book portfolio across territories, formats and licensing opportunities. This important role includes taking stewardship of the growth roadmap for our flagship title Lost My Name.
This role is similar to a licensing manager position within a publishing firm but with two vital differences.
The first difference is that you’ll be working within a very agile, vertically integrated business that currently does all it’s own retail, marketing, manufacturing and product design with a sales footprint in every major market in the world.
This means that if you have a plan to achieve growth through change to any of these functions you can make that change happen within days or weeks, not the usual timescales of months or years.
The second difference is that all the brands and products you will manage use personalisation and technology in creative ways to tell their stories. This means that you can have a one to one relationship with customers through the products you market to them - but it also means you face interesting challenges in doing traditional licensing deals.
If these opportunities and challenges excite you, and if you have a track record in building entertainment brands, particularly in the kids and families space, we’d love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities and targets
- Drive incremental revenue growth in our book range
- Key stakeholder in setting and driving overall unit targets across territories
- Own the internationalisation roadmap for all our books
- Own the format roadmap for all our books
- Own the individual brand roadmaps for our most successful books, including developing new upsell and retention products via in house design or licensing
- Line manage several junior delivery colleagues within the product team
Expected experience and skills
- Business focused and experienced - You have a demonstrable track record growing revenue on entertainment oriented properties. We’d like to meet people who’ve managed and grown products and brands turning over more than £10M a year.
- Analytical and data driven - you can show us through examples of how you’ve used quantitative and qualitative data to make the right decisions for the business.
- Creatively sympathetic - you can also show us examples of how you’ve reasoned out plans and projects from a creative position and protected and enhanced creative value in the properties you’ve managed.
- Strong communicator and leader - you know how to make change happen in a fast moving company and you’ve got experience of directly line managing more junior colleagues.
- Gets stuff done - above all, we want someone who is going to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the fantastic challenge of bringing the values of our books to as many people as possible across the world. Lost My Name is a young company that is just getting started on it's journey - You’ll be super excited to join in and start shipping from day one.