Words are brilliant. But there are millions of them, and without good writers, words just sit there in the wrong order saying the wrong things. Rotters.
We’re looking for a remarkably creative comms writer who can make words do exactly (exactly!) what they need them to: entertain, surprise, jump through hoops, play the cello — anything they command. Someone with the ability to be playful and hilarious, who isn’t afraid of a good pun, but who is also marvellously disciplined and hard-working. And they should be brilliant at ideas too.
You should have a lot of experience writing comms. You have the knack to be funny and clever without being self-indulgent. You have a light touch but can also land a message with real weight. You know how to edit yourself, how to think about messaging hierarchy, how to make people open emails, click buttons and buy products. And you should be able to create funny, sharable content that your mum might see and chuckle at before boasting to friends that you came up with it. You should also be self-motivated, pro-active, collaborative and self-sufficient. You should know how to write for email, social media or on the side of a banana.
Most importantly, you can make people smile every time they read your words or ideas.
Lost My Name is one of Britain’s fastest-growing brands and this is an opportunity to help turn a successful start-up into a global name. We are a playful, kind brand. This opportunity will be ridiculously exciting to a smart, funny, eloquent, engaging, intelligent, autonomous, experienced, creative and all-round superb candidate.
The team you’ll be working in delivers creative output at a higher-frequency than any other team in the business. We literally ship handfuls of content every week and watch and learn from the public reaction. We get to directly shape and influence the brand by continuously exploring and publishing new concepts and ideas.
This role is the sole copywriter in the team, which gives you a central role in expressing the tone of the brand. You will report to a very experienced writer, who can help you sharpen your talent even more.
Key areas of focus
- Writing emails and blog posts for our weekly Editorial content
- Writing humourous, sharable content for Twitter & Facebook
- Collaborating with our designers to devise and develop creative editorial concepts
- Writing pithy, dad-joke-esque comments on our Instagram content
- Writing emails for product promotions
- Helping to firm up our tone of voice for Twitter and Pinterest channels
- Helping to champion and promote the brand tone of voice across the business
- 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter for well known and/or playful/entertaining consumer-facing brands
- 3+ years of experience with SEO, email, web copy
- Ability to produce both long-form and short-form writing
- Extensive experience and understanding of all social channels, including behaviours and algorithms
- Competitive salary and a real stake in the business - you'll share our success
- Be part of a fast growing company creating products that are really loved by customers all round the world
- Manage your own work as part of a small, tightly knit team
- Flexible office hours
- Awesome BUPA healthcare for you and your whole family
- Fantastic mobile phone scheme, childcare vouchers benefits
- Training budget of £1000: we'll sponsor any conference you wish to attend or speak at. Travel the world and share your knowledge on us!
- Delicious team lunches