At Lost My Name, we're making the most technically ambitious physical books ever invented. We’re making storybooks magical for a new generation by creating impossible stories on a timeless medium, like a story that is created entirely out of a child’s name or making a book with NASA images and the world's first book that shows your own neighbourhood, your own street, your own house(!) in a book made especially for you. Oh, and speaking of NASA, we’d like to take this opportunity to brag that Tim Peake read Our Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home in actual space.
We write, illustrate, build, design, and sell all of our products directly, and have a team working to produce our wonderful products spanning from Art Directors to Dev Ops. We have sold more than 2.5 million books, games and posters in over 200 countries, and we’re just getting started! With the work you’ll do here with us, we’d like to think we’re on track towards becoming the UK’s most admired creative company.
It is the responsibility of the Product Services Squad based in our London Office to manufacture and ship the finished products. We have 14 kick ass factories dotted around the globe, manufacturing tons of kick ass products every day. Every day, all those products are shipped to customers in over 195 countries by over 35 different carriers.
We’re growing bonkers fast, expanding in many of the countries in which we operate, and we’re after a Carrier Manager who can help us smash it when it comes to managing and developing the global carrier network.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage day to day carrier relationships “owned” by LMN
- Indirectly manage the day to day carrier relationships of carrier relationships “owned” by LMN’s third party factories
- Ensure that the global carrier network is achieving the minimum agreed SLA’s and KPI’s and take corrective action to address any target misses
- Carrier out regular commercial and operational reviews with carriers including running annual tender processes to ensue that LMN s achieving a highly competitive cost position
- Locate and set up new domestic and international carrier services (e.g. China and Mexico)
- Own and report on the global carrier network p&l
- Analyse global carrier information, address any concerning trends on the data, and proactively report challenges and progress to senior
A bit about you
- Min 5 years experience managing carriers and / or carrier networks within an ecommerce b2c environment.
- Excellent commercial skills, including but not limited to, ability to negotiate commercial terms alone and ability deal with claims for loss and damage etc. Knowledge of how to structure a carrier deal useful
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure, and to demanding SLA’s and KPI’s is a must
- Experienced and comfortable working under pressure, and in a no safety net environment is desirable. Experience of managing material Q4 demand spikes super useful
- Able to evidence experience with managing third party operational relationships
- Must be super comfortable talking to numbers on a regular basis, and comfortable discussing budget vs actual performance
- Great analytical skills a must, as well as high levels of attention to detail
- Knowledge of global customs clearances would be very useful
- Knowledge and experience of working in multiple currencies would be very useful
- Knowledge of SQL (advantageous)
- Knowledge of USA carrier market (advantageous)
- Multi lingual (advantageous)
- Degree educated (bonus)
- Appreciation of late 90’s house music (bonus)
Why Join Lost My Name
- You’ll get a sweet, SWEET training budget. £1k to attend whichever conference or training you’d like, wherever you like. Or you could learn some Spanish in Dalston, it's your call.
- We offer Yoga class every Monday night; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.
- We also have massages if yoga isn’t your thing, for everyone who wants one on Fridays. If you like neither yoga, nor massages (hey, they aren’t for everyone) we also offer mental health support through Sanctus, where you can speak to a wellness coach about how you’re doing.
- We have an office Sauna.
- We also provide a private healthcare plan, a pension plan and childcare vouchers (according to your plans) to show you we care.
- We have heaps of snacks. Like, so many snacks. And you can always suggest your favourite new ones to be added to our shopping trolley.
- Speaking of food: Team lunches. We nearly forgot team lunches. Every Thursday our Studio Manager, Shim, orders some super delish food from somewhere in London and we gorge ourselves. It sounds intense, but it's actually quite chill.
- Our office is full of puppies!