At Lost My Name, we're making the most technically ambitious physical books ever invented. We’re making storybooks magical for a new generation by creating impossible stories on a timeless medium, like a story that is created entirely out of a child’s name or making a book with NASA images and the world's first book that shows your own neighbourhood, your own street, your own house in a book made especially for you. Oh, and speaking of NASA, we’d like to take this opportunity to brag that Tim Peake read Our Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home in actual space.
We write, illustrate, build, design, and sell all of our products directly, and have a team working to produce our wonderful products spanning from Art Directors to Dev Ops. We have sold more than 2.5 million books, games and posters in over 200 countries, and we’re just getting started! With the work you’ll do here with us, we’d like to think we’re on track towards becoming the UK’s most admired creative company.
As our in-house photographer, you will be part of Creative Studio and will work closely with the Creative Director and designers to produce high-quality on brand imagery for Lost My Name. The work will consists of taking product shots of our books, creating lifestyle imagery, working with the Editorial team to create assets as well as assisting Product Studio where necessary. Having some experience in set design and creating video content will be looked upon favourably.
You will have a keen eye for detail and will be able to capture the essence of the Lost My Name style and brand consistently across all campaigns.
In this role, you will report to the Creative Director and will work out of our bright & beautiful studio in Hackney.
What you'll be doing
- Producing high quality and consistently beautiful imagery for website, product and editorial work that reflects the brand and ensuring the brands look and feel is always adhered to
- Processing and retouching images
- Look to improve the studio’s workflows and processes
A bit about you
- At least 1-2 years experience working in a commercial photography studio
- A professional photography portfolio that showcases creative brilliance of digital photograph
- A mastery of lighting
- Proficiency with scripting, colour management practices and retouching
- Experience in using Photoshop, Capture One, Lightroom and other digital imagery software.
- Experience in organising and co-ordinating photoshoots on occasions
- Meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Obsessed with detail - an accurate eye for maintaining consistency on set and post production.
- Proven listener, with the ability to liaise with a variety of departments clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communications skills, with a solid knowledge of photography and a desire to research and learn new skills and techniques as part of day to day work.
- Experience in set design and creating video content
Why join Lost My Name
- We offer Yoga class every Monday night; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.
- We also have massages if yoga isn’t your thing, for everyone who wants one on Fridays. If you like neither yoga, nor massages (hey, they aren’t for everyone) we also offer mental health support through Sanctus, where you can speak to a wellness coach about how you’re doing.
- We have an office Sauna.
- We have heaps of snacks. Like, so many snacks. And you can always suggest your favourite new ones to be added to our shopping trolley.
- Speaking of food: Team lunches. We nearly forgot team lunches. Every Thursday our Studio Manager, Shim, orders some super delish food from somewhere in London and we gorge ourselves. It sounds intense, but it's actually quite chill.
- Our office is full of puppies.